What is a Fluted Filler? | Definition of a Fluted Filler - Apex Granite Outlet

A fluted filler is a type of decorative molding commonly used in kitchen cabinetry to fill gaps between two cabinets or between a cabinet and a wall. It is a strip of wood or other material that is grooved with evenly spaced flutes or channels, which run vertically down the length of the piece. The flutes create a repeating pattern that can add visual interest and a touch of elegance to the overall design of the cabinets.

Fluted fillers are available in a variety of materials, including wood, MDF, and PVC, and can be finished to match the color and style of the cabinets they are installed with. They are typically installed using glue and brad nails or screws, and may also be attached to a mounting block for added stability.

In addition to their decorative function, fluted fillers can also help to hide small imperfections or irregularities in the installation of the cabinets, creating a seamless and cohesive look.
When choosing fluted fillers for kitchen cabinetry, it is important to consider the overall style and design of the space, as well as the material and finish of the cabinets themselves. A fluted filler that is too ornate or decorative may clash with a more minimalist or modern kitchen design, while a simple and understated fluted filler may be a better fit for a traditional or classic style kitchen. It is also important to ensure that the fluted filler is properly sized and installed to ensure a secure and stable fit that will last for years to come.